Monday 31 January 2011

Walkies...

Went for a couple of walks over the weekend.


Firstly we took Pinky for a stroll quite close to our house and unfortunately we were witnesses to a recent traffic accident.




I called the police to report a case of Trollicide, but they told me to stop wasting their time.


A little further along the road and I saw this -




Now that sounds like a fun day out to me. Old knock knees in front was not having any of it though. 


We had to go to the town of Carrickfergus on our way into Belfast so LL could sort out some wedding stuff out by the power station and I was left to walk the dog around the town and along the seafront where they have a castle (seen here from a pub I stopped at to warm up).




Carrickfergus turned out to be a hot spot for street art and I was fortunate enough to see with my own eyes an original Batesy piece - 







Whoever owns that skip is going to be in the money if they ever choose to sell it.


The last thing that really caught my attention was this lovely local grocers - 




A SPIRIT Grocer. Otherwise known as a pub. Only in Ireland.

No comments:

Post a Comment